50 lb. Bags Available at NH Mushroom Company, $10 each
153 Gardner Hill Road, Tamworth NH
Bulk Pricing Available ($50 per yard)
- Healthy Mycelia networks can be established by spreading mycelium through introducing healthy, thriving cultures into your compost or garden and covering with sawdust mulch. The Mycelium acts symbiotically with plant roots and encourages their growth.
- Add to existing composting efforts to yield enhanced results of your organic compost through the introduction of a healthy mycelia network to aide in the breakdown of its surrounding compost material over time, producing greater concentrations of plant absorbable nutrients such as Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium.
- Better Disease Management, lower incidence of fruit and root rot, molds, mildew and caterpillar resistance.
- Ability to clean chemically contaminated soils, as well as heavy metal contamination such as Cadmium and Lead, over time
- SMS has been found to be a good nutrient source for agriculture because of its rich nutrient status, high cation exchange capacity (CEC) and slow mineralization rate which retain its quality as an organic matter.
- Pleurotus (Oyster) SMS used as a fertilizer in quantities >5% showed faster seed germination and greater crop yield over the same grow cycle duration than in plain soil control experiments. (Siddhant, C.S. Singh. “RECYCLING OF SPENT OYSTER MUSHROOM SUBSTRATE TO RECOVER ADDITIONAL VALUE” www.ku.edu.np. Mushroom Research laboratory, K.S.S. P.G. College, Ayodhya, Faizabad. 2009)