https://www.nhmushrooms.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/homemade-healthy-sauteed-mushrooms.jpg 533 800 admin https://www.nhmushrooms.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/logo-250.png admin2022-08-29 15:13:022022-08-29 15:31:22Sauteed Mushrooms – High Heat Method
Sauteed Mushrooms – High Heat Method
This method differs from the low heat method in several respects. The point of the low heat method is to maximize the mushroom flavor. The point of the high heat method is to maintain the crunch texture of the mushrooms. The ingredients are the same, except that in the second method you use half butter and half cooking oil. The oil has a higher heat tolerance than butter and can cook the mushrooms without burning. Oyster mushrooms are recommended for this style of sautéing.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sliced or Chopped Onions
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 8 Ounces Whole or Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- Melt the butter in a skillet, and add the onions. Sauté over medium heat until almost transparent. Add the oil, and bring the skillet to high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté over high heat for 1/2 minute to 1 minute. Some water will be drawn out of the mushrooms, but this will evaporate almost immediately.
- Add the salt, sugar and soy sauce and sauté for another 30 seconds. Serve alone or over the dish of your choosing.